"A joyful marriage is a bit of heaven on earth..."

"A joyful marriage is a bit of heaven on earth..."

The Mitchells

Welcome! We are so excited to begin blogging! We have family all over the place, and hope this will help keep everyone updated on our life, especially our new addition, Braelyn Elizabeth Mitchell!!!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm Free!

I'm free! Well, not sure for how long...but so glad to be home for now. As Daniel already posted, I was instructed to up my medication Tuesday which made me feel pretty crappy. Then towards the evening on Tuesday night I started feeling full out contractions - so we were told to go to the hospital. By the time I got there, the contractions were getting worse pretty fast and had gotten to two minutes apart...so they immediately gave me a shot which worked to stop the contractions, but made me VERY shaky and made my heart race. Thirty minutes later they gave me another one because the contractions started again...so I got even more shaky, etc. At one point my heart rate was 140 beats per minute!! They did not like that - and I didn't either!

So I just continued to feel worse...until about 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon. I saw the high-risk OB who talked to us for a long time about how they weren't worried about Braelyn...cause she seems great...but they were worried about my heart rate. They kept me overnight again and lowered my medicine dose which helped slow my heart rate...and I started feeling better. This morning the high-risk OB came in and was very pleased that my heart was beating in the normal range...and happy that Braelyn's heart rate had lowered to normal as well. I am dilated to 1 to 2 cm...but not in active labor, so they sent us HOME!! I have not wanted to be home so bad this whole pregnancy! LOL!

I just woke up from the best two hour nap of my life! Daniel has been busy washing clothes from our hospital bags and re-packing...he is such a wonderful husband! He was such an amazing partner to have at the hospital. I am so thankful that he was able to be there for me...I love you Daniel!!

Thanks to everyone for your continued prayers. We really need to stay stable for at least two more weeks...

2 comments:

Erin Howell said...

I'm so glad things are better and that you are home safe! Take care of yourself! :) miss you

Mindy said...

You can totally do it! Two more weeks is nothing compared to what you've already endured! (Easy for me to say, I know.)

Man, Rachel, the last few days have been SCARY! I'm so glald you're okay and so is Braelyn. Sheesh. Also glad that Daniel is being such a solid rock for you right now. I can't imagine how much you need him. God sure is good, huh? :)

LOVE YOU!