"A joyful marriage is a bit of heaven on earth..."

"A joyful marriage is a bit of heaven on earth..."

The Mitchells

Welcome! We are so excited to begin blogging! We have family all over the place, and hope this will help keep everyone updated on our life, especially our new addition, Braelyn Elizabeth Mitchell!!!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Cookie Attempt - It's the thought that counts...right?

Need a laugh? I'm pretty sure this might give you a few. So - I, Rachel, was attempting to be a sweet wife today by making some of Daniel's favorite cookies. Yes - I know it is completely bending the rules of bed rest (so no comments about it please), but I wanted to brighten his day and cheer him up a little bit. He deserves it!! So, I laid out all of the ingredients and went back to the couch for a while. Then I got up to just melt some of the ingredients and stir in the oats...and returned to the couch for a while. (Notice how careful I am about not being up long...) Then, I got up and formed them into cookies. Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies....yum!!

Everything was great! I wasn't in any more pain than normal...and really excited that I had succeeded...until...

I went to put them in the fridge to cool and harden, and I somehow knocked over a bottle of coffee creamer in the back of the fridge. It took me a few minutes to realize what had happened. All I knew was that I heard something that sounded like water pouring into a cup...and then I noticed that one of the trays of cookies had white liquid filling it up!!! Oh yes!! DISASTER!!! If that wasn't bad enough, I started hurting a little more than I have been and had to go back to the couch...

So now my wonderful husband, who has been so amazing throughout this pregnancy and is the best husband in the world, is going to come home to ruined cookies and a disgusting spill in the fridge to clean up. Some wife I am - huh?? HAHA! I am pretty sure I am never going to live this down...Love ya Daniel!!!

2 comments:

Jamie Frankum said...

LOL...I'm sorry that happened!!! I'm sure he'll clean it up b/c he's good like that. But I am sorry that happened. Sounds like something that would happen to me. Get to feeling better!! :)

Mindy said...

Bahahahaha! This is the cutest story ever! It is DEFINITELY the thought that counts. For sure.

I'm so sorry that your thoughtful, selfless gift was ruined. I know you're disappointed because you really wanted to express your appreciation to him in that way. Believe me, he'll still know how much you love him.

I'm glad that you guys love each other so much. What a great feeling. :)