"A joyful marriage is a bit of heaven on earth..."

"A joyful marriage is a bit of heaven on earth..."

The Mitchells

Welcome! We are so excited to begin blogging! We have family all over the place, and hope this will help keep everyone updated on our life, especially our new addition, Braelyn Elizabeth Mitchell!!!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hospital Update

Hello everyone! First of all, thank you SO much for your prayers. God is truly amazing and is carrying us through this. I, Rachel, am doing well. My blood pressure seems to have taken care of itself for the most part - so no stinky medicine was needed. I am pretty sure that they will send me home today, but haven't had the official word yet. As you already know, Braelyn will have to stay in the NICU for a while, but we are hopeful that it will not be a terribly long stay. They have given us NO time frame so please know that we will let you know once we know something...

Braelyn is doing FABULOUS! We are hoping to go visit her at 8 o'clock when they open the NICU up again. As of last night, she was continuing to do well off of the C-pap machine and was resting very comfortably. The nurse said she has a very sweet disposition and that they are very happy she is able to rest. That is a really good sign! Her blood work has been coming back completely normal and they are doing an x-ray today to get an updated look at her lungs. Once she is able to eat enough to maintain her weight, they will remove the IV from her belly button and we will be able to hold her! (Again, not sure when that will be - it is completely up to Braelyn at this point, so rest assured she is getting lots of advice from mommy and daddy when we see her....HAHA!)

Please send some special prayers our way today as we will more than likely be leaving our baby girl and returning home. I am confident that today will be one of the hardest days of my life...but I am also confident that God will give us the strength to know that it is what is best. Love you all and I PROMISE we will post pictures once we get home...cross my heart!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Congrats Mommy! I saw pics of Brealyn last night from Aunt Jana and I have to tell you, she is beautiful! She's also super tall (must take after Daddy! LoL!) I can't wait to see her in person!

I'm so glad you all are doing well! I'm so excited for you!

Mindy said...

Oh, Rachel, I love you! I'm so excited for you guys. Can you believe you're parents???

I can't imagine how difficult leaving your precious baby girl will be, today. But you better believe that I'll be praying for the Lord's strength, peace and comfort to envelope both of you. Soon enough you'll be laying her down in her own crib at home.

GOD IS GOOD!!

Pam Hays said...

Rachel, you are such a strong woman! You are going to be such a great Mommy to little Braelyn! LOVE YOU!